Tuesday 10 August 2010

serendipity-doo-dah!

hi all

it's been another hot one here - very very hot actually - not good for poor me whose mexican over-eating fest came back to haunt me this morning... bad tummy... poor elona i was so desperate to stay with her and talk some more, but there were more pressing things to deal with like getting back to the apartment to get to the bathroom - was not pleasant...

me and elona:


so, feeling pretty grotty all day, so my lunch date with michael was somewhat subdued by my having a plain bagel instead of the feast i had imagined at the corner cafe (my fave lunch restaurant!)

michael and me:


then off to visit phyllis too - stayed with her for the rest of the afternoon - i just adore her...

i had to say goodbye to all three of these lovely people today... didn't want to do it... but had to... had a tear in my eye at the end of the day and would have been happy to have come back to the apartment for a good cry but no such moping for me.

tonight was the night that we finally got to go to serendipity - the very cool restaurant where andy warhol used to eat his dessert before he got famous, and he often used to pay for it with a picture... it's also famous for the frrrrozen hot chocolate which is basically a goldfish bowl filled with yummy, icy, chocolate milkshake, whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.

here's zoe's:


helen had been an absolute doll and got there before us to get on the list for a table - so when i arrived, zoe was already there and we waited another 5 minutes before being seated.

helen and zoe - lovely ladies:


however, due to my dodgy tummy i felt the need to eat something proper first, so i had a blt - which was overpriced for what it was - and not great. if you go there do not order anything other than dessert - it's a waste! and with all the desserts being around $15, it can make it an expensive meal!

us at our table:


so i had a famous frrrozen hot chocolate and it was ace

before:


and after:


three ladies full of choccy goodness and empty of wallet:


here's hoping that my tummy can cope...
vx

No comments:

Post a Comment