Tuesday 3 August 2010

go yankees!

hey all

it's been a very very busy day today... i haven't stopped...

went to see elona this morning, she's very into astrology and i've never really considered it before, but from my birth date, year and place she has told me so much about myself and my relationships - it's scarily accurate and it's been a real eye-opener for me - some of the things she tells me are freaky! she makes me think a lot about the ways things are in my life, with the nightmare that my family has become and my failed relationships. and it's not depressing at all, it actually is really helping me figure out a lot of things that go on...

second appointment with jean and agnes (her carer) - she's such a star and they're both so easy and enjoyable to be with. today jean was dying for me to watch one of her videos (she has a huge collection) so we sat and watched michael palin doing a train journey from derry to kerry (jean is irish and has lived in nyc since she was around 20). the video must have been 20 years old - but it made me strangely homesick!

my final appointment was cancelled, so i went to see allen instead. allen is an artist - he has work in london, israel, and australia - all places where he has lived. he keeps all his work in his apartment, a lot of it hangs on the walls and we have long involved discussions about the nature of art and all kinds of things. visits with him are always challenging but fascinating. today he gave me a small painting - of which i am extremely proud. it will be framed and put in pride of place in my flat on my return to london. i should point out that he intends to destroy all his work before he dies - so it really meant a lot to me that he gave me a piece.

allen and i in his apartment with some paintings in the background:


after a chat with robin i dashed home and got changed and headed up into the bronx for the yankees game at the new yankees stadium. the last time i saw the yankees was about 15 years ago when my sister lived in new jersey and we drove in to watch the game and the yankees won. no such luck tonight - the yankees got caned by the toronto blue jays. was a bit of a dull game - a slightly lacklustre performance from the yankees - but great atmosphere, it was exremely hot which probably didn't help. i love the spirit of the crowd - although they were quite mean to the blue jays pitcher. i tried to find a nice baseball cap to replace the one i got last time - but they had a rubbish selection... boo!

some pics at the game:






2 comments:

  1. That sounds cool, although it was boring. Did you have a ot dog nd loads of beer?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, it wasn't boring! just a bit lacklustre! i had one hot dog and one beer - it was very expensive! anyway, the humidity does crazy things when you drink alcohol... needless to say, now i only need one drink rather than two...

    ReplyDelete