Friday 31 January 2014

oh shops... how i've missed you!

hey all

i am so happy to be back in new york... it's cold here but it's been fairly sunny today - oh! it even snowed a bit today.

so i got here on wednesday night as i lost a few hours flying from denver to new york. i took the bus from la guardia to the upper east side where i'm staying - see, i'm still trying to be a local! my airbnb place is great - my room is really big - although it's a 5th floor walk-up so dragging my bag up all those stairs nearly gave me a heart attack! but now i'm here i only need to worry about getting my bag back down again.

thursday was spent doing laundry (yawn!) and having a potter around the neighbourhood... some places are the same, some have changed and some have gone altogether. in the evening i met up with robin and we had a lovely italian dinner together. so great to see her and catch up on the last year and a bit. she always makes me feel good about myself - unfortunately, it never lasts very long...

today i went shopping!!! much as i loved sundance and park city - it's not a place for shopping, not that i had the time anyway! went up to target and old navy first - how disappointing... nothing to buy there... so went downtown and got loads of stuff! bought quite a bit in my favourite new york shop - brooklyn industries - then bought some new boots too... not sure where i'm gonna pack all this stuff as my case is already busting at the seams.

i tried to go to a film - but missed the showing of 'inside llewyn davis' and then when i went back to see 'wolf of wall street' it was sold out... wtf! i know i've seen a lot of films just recently, but really... i can't get to see a film in new york city?!?!?! so i went and bought nice food in wholefoods and came back to my room and watch old re-runs of 'frasier' and 'the golden girls' - back to the 80s!!!

can't believe this trip is nearly over... boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment